Generative AI is a cutting edge technological advancement that utilises ML (Machine Learning) and AI (Artificial intelligence). There is currently a hot debate around it’s uses and the potential threats.
Uses of Generative AI:
- It can do the intellectual work which is solely done by humans only. For example writing blogs, computer codes and marketing copies, generation of results for search queries.
- It can craft sales, marketing and brand messaging.
- It can generate personalized social media posts, blogs, marketing texts and video copies by providing a text prompt.
- It can generate codes and help with developer productivity.
- It can write poems, lyrics of songs, make paintings etc.
- It can generate synthetic data for data augmentation and creating additional training data to train and test AI models to experiment at scale.
- Can produce a pertinent, specific and actionable summary.
- Can accelerate the discovery of new research, drafting and synthesizing documents and reports.
- Can help create and stimulate complex engineering, design and architecture.
- Can speedup iterative development and testing of novel design.
- Can help professionals with their medical diagnosis. It can generate potential and alternative treatments personalized to patients’ symptoms and medical history.
Concerns around AI use:
- Increasing unemployment.
- Can enslave the humans (AI bots had made their own language in the past)
- If models are trained on biased, non inclusive data; they’ll generate biased outputs.
- Can create deepfakes, disinformation and propaganda.
- Nefarious actors may use AI generated media to manipulate people and influence public opinion.
- Can produce low quality and less accurate information, specifically in the context of complex engineering and medical diagnosis1. .