- The authorities in several BJP ruled states demolished Muslim homes and properties
without legal authorization or due process as summary punishment for protests or
- They misused law forbidding forced religious conversions to target Christians,
especially from Dalit and Adivasi communities.
- The release of 11 Hindu men sentenced to life imprisonment in the Bilkis Bano case
and the celebration thereof, highlighted the government’s discriminatory stance
towards minority communities even in cases of violence against women.
- Even after 3 years of dilution of Article 370, the government continued to restrict free
expression, peaceful assembly and other basic rights there.
- Rights groups were harassed by Indian authorities throughout the country through
tax raids, use of FCRA, and other allegations of financial irregularities.
- Increasingly liberal steps taken by SC in India, citing the ruling to halt all use of the
colonial era Sedition law and banning of the two finger test to protect survivors of
OJAANK IAS ACADEMY